Wednesday, October 13, 2010

When 2 + 2 = 5



Life is popping along as it will. Here I am spouting off words like it matters. I do love my blog, though. I love having a "journal" type of spot, and I love that on occasion I get a love letter from a friend reminding me of why I do this... to stimulate conversation, to learn from others, to share experiences, strength, and hope. (Not to be to Anon Anon about things, but if the shoe fits, wear it until the heel breaks off!)

There is something glorious about combining two very different things into a wonderful whole. There is a song Gin and Juice by Snoop Dogg that I've heard by this crazy little bluegrass group in ... heaven knows where (the Gourds) The combining of rap and bluegrass is so bizarre that it's groovy! I love that. Irish Ceili in Seoul. German beer and Szechuan, Bobby McFerrin and Chick Corea, Barry White and Pavarotti, Sunshine and rain... ohhh look at the pretty rainbow!

It is in the combining of two different, disparate things that we magically create something new - sometimes dreadful, sometimes amazing. The process is often worth the mistake even when fireworks are not the result.

Happy everything!

And here's the URL for the Snoop Dogg song by the Gourds. Who made this crazy video?
If you can't use the link, just copy and paste.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCAM3C3dpIA

1 comment:

  1. OMG I love it!! LOL Who knew!? Love that bluegrass twist!

    ReplyDelete